Crystal cleansing will keep your crystals working at their optimal level
. Crystals are efficient absorbers and transmitters of energy. One function of crystals is to cleanse and transmute negative energies. Without regular cleansing, most become saturated and unable to do their work.
Crystals should be cleansed when you buy them and after wearing or using them for healing. There are many methods that can be used to cleanse your crystals and gemstones. Some crystals are self-cleansing like Citrine and Kyanite. These crystals never need to be cleansed.
The first thing to consider in crystal cleansing is the type of crystal that needs cleansed. Is it fragile or friable? Is it a cluster or in layers? Is it water soluble? How you answer these questions will help you determine which method is best suited for the crystals you wish to cleanse.
A fragile crystal may not tolerate running water. A friable crystal can easily crumble and may even be reduced to powder; crystals that are layered or in clusters can separate. A crystal that is water soluble will dissolve in water. Special care should be taken when cleansing these crystals.
Certain crystals have the ability to cleanse other crystals. Carnelian is one such stone. If you keep a Carnelian in a bag of tumbled stones you will never have to cleanse them using any other method.
Carnelian cannot cleanse itself, so be sure to cleanse your Carnelian regularly. Tumbled stones are very durable, so there is no worry of scratching them if stored in a bag or pouch.
• A crystal can be cleansed in flowing lake, river, spring or tap water. Place in the sun for several hours to energize. Crystals that fade in the sunlight, like Amethyst and Citrine can be energized by the moonlight. Never use water to cleanse a crystal that is water soluble, as it can dissolve - Selenite is one example.
• You can smudge a crystal by burning sage, incense or other slow burning herbs. This method has been used by Native American’s for centuries.
• Soak the crystal in brown rice for 24 hours. The rice balances and centers the energy removing the negativity, while dissipating and transforming the negative to the positive. Discard the rice after use.
• A crystal can be “soaked” in flowers, such as rose petals, orange blossoms or honeysuckle for 24 hours. The essence strips away negativity and cleanses the stone while the purity of the flower is transmitted to the stone.
• A small crystal can be placed on a Clear Quartz cluster and left overnight. This is a great way to cleanse the Carnelian you may keep with your tumbled stones.
There are many other ways to cleanse a crystal. However, to keep it simple, this should be more than enough methods to choose from. Choose the method you prefer to cleanse any of the healing crystals you use for crystal therapy.
Crystal cleansing will allow your crystals to be more effective and better able to assist your body to balance its natural magnetism and to obtain holistic health.